Caretaker – Spring House Apartments
Purpose: Maintain each property with exceptional cleanliness.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customers with exceptional service and foster good resident relations.
- Be a valuable part of the effective on-site team.
- Know and adhere to standards of quality cleaning.
- Perform apartment turn-over duties within required timeframe.
- Keep all interior and exterior common areas clean on a daily basis, to include the following tasks:
- Sweep, mop, polish and strip floors
- Vacuum, spot clean and/or shampoo rugs and carpet using commercial vacuum cleaners and shampooing equipment
- Clean windows
- Spot-wash stained walls and doors
- Remove garbage from receptacles and inset plastic liners
- Assist with snow removal, sweeping, watering/weeding and debris pick up
- Report malfunctions of amenities, bath fixtures, lighting fixtures and/or damages to any common areas to supervisor.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Clean debris from vacant apartments and garages.
- Practice proper and safe use of material usage and equipment.
- Recommend purchase of cleaning materials and equipment; maintain supply room.
- Work in extremes of climate/temperature (-20 to 110 degrees), rain, snow.
Non-Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform/prepare special projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- One year of previous caretaking or related cleaning experience preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning standards and techniques
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull and push
- Ability to lift 40 pounds to chest height
- Ability to work in extremes of climate/temperature (-20 to 110 degrees), rain, snow.