Create and lead team of in-house workers responsible for maintenance and capital related projects. Responsible for overseeing mechanical and physical operations of properties, maintaining them at the highest level. Responsible for maintenance training program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for on-call coordination, including rotation responsibility.
• Lead in-house team of maintenance workers.
• Responsible for maintenance of REE Home Office building
• Prepare, update and monitor Maintenance Manual.
• Assist with Capital Improvement budget preparation and monitor financial information.
• Manage Capital Improvement projects.
• Coordinate project deadlines, e.g., site inspections, boiler filters, and special projects, and follow up on completion.
• Maintain plan files; participate in monthly meetings with Portfolio Directors.
Resource to Portfolio Directors:
• Analyze monthly financial statements as related to R&M and Capital Expenses.
• Plan and manage capital expense improvements.
• Review annual unit-to-unit inspections along with admin (building operations) inspection; modify as necessary.
Preventive Maintenance Program Duties:
• Responsible for monthly completion monitoring.
• Coordinate and follow through with annual mechanical (PM) inspections; prepare communications regarding results.
• Verify that property and employee licenses are up to date.
Capital Improvements Planning Duties:
• Conduct annual inspections of roofs, building Interiors & exteriors, grounds and mechanicals at all locations.
• Present options to Portfolio Managers and secure pricing for the decision process.
Maintenance Training Duties:
• Maintain positive staff relations.
• Arrange for six maintenance team training sessions annually.
• Chair Safety Committee.
• Coordinate with Human Resources Director on OSHA/Worker’s Comp and other safety issues.
• Work with insurance carrier to minimize losses.
Project Management and Insurance Loss Claims Duties:
• Collect bids and award contracts for construction projects; coordinate with Portfolio Managers and/or site management for execution; follow up with signing off on projects and approving payments.
• Communicate project(s) scope clearly to all parties.
• Analyze data collected from work order information
• Work with new developments as needed, e.g., construction meetings, plan approvals, etc.
• Coordinate preferred vendors listings.
• Spec services we require bid pricing on and approve accordingly; draft specifications as needed.
Non-Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Assist with special projects
• Six or more years of related work experience required
• Proven team-leading skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and a Windows computer environment
• Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated history of taking initiative
• Able to juggle multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Customer service orientation.
• Able to work productively and positively with all staff, management, vendors, residents and others to achieve objectives
• Able to plan and conduct effective meetings
• Able to respond to unexpected emergencies; set and meet deadlines
• Implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures
• Be a visible leader for the company and industry and company functions
• Appropriately maintain financial and other Company confidential information
To apply, send resume to Xe Yang, at XYang@reeapartments.com. Or, fill out our online application.