This position is responsible for performing professional level human resources duties in the areas of: employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, policy and procedure development, performance management, recordkeeping and compliance, payroll, and training. Position involves administering human resources policies, programs and practices including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing. This position is responsible for insuring compliance with federal, state and local human resources legislation and for maintaining knowledge of legislative changes affecting employment-related matters. The position makes strategic recommendations regarding human resources that further the mission of the company. In addition, this position manages the HR Generalist position.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and administer effective recruitment program for exempt and non-exempt positions.
2. Responsible for onboarding process that leads to overall retention and attainment of company goals.
3. Keep abreast of and ensure legal compliance with all Federal/State employment labor laws, including FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, EEO and ADA. Consult with outside counsel as needed to determine appropriate course of action.
4. Investigate employee concern or complaints, by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partner with management to recommend actions to resolve issues.
5. Administer salary and performance review program to ensure alignment to core company values.
6. Enhance and/or maintain, implement and enforce the Employee Handbook and ensure consistent adherence to company policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for benefit administration for all benefit plans, including contract negotiation, communication to employees, problem resolution, compliance, and audits.
8. Manage workers’ compensation, FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) and request for other leaves of absence while utilizing tools and resources that lower claim costs, improve employee safety and increases attendance and retention rates. Coordinate and manage workers’ compensation claims review and RTW (return to work) program.
9. Administer effective company-wide training program using various resources.
10. Provide managers and employees with consultation, advice and coaching relating to interpretation of HR policies and regulations.
11. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll.
12. Directly manage HR Generalist position, including training, performance evaluations, scheduling.
13. Coordinate and execute HR projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR management position; or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Excellent organization and leadership skills
3. Proven experience resolving employee relations issues
4. Effective counseling, negotiation and conflict management skills
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters
6. Intermediate computer skills, including experience w/Microsoft Office software. ADP skills preferred.
7. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with all levels within the company
8. Ability to handle frequent interruptions, multi-task and organize/prioritize workflow
9. PHR or SPHR Certification is preferred
To apply, send resume to Xe Yang, at XYang@reeapartments.com. Or, fill out our online application.