Maintenance Technician – Northtown Village Apartments
Purpose: To plan, organize, direct and maintain an effective maintenance program whereby all facilities and equipment are kept in good repair and proper operating conditions at all times.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide residents with exceptional customer service and foster good resident relations.
- Be a valuable leader in an effective on-site team.
- Know and adhere to all standards of quality.
- Ensure maintenance staff adheres to uniform dress codes.
- Ensure budgetary guidelines are met and prioritize expenditures to stay within budget.
- Initiate measures to improve methods, equipment performance and quality of work.
- Plan and schedule work and on-call schedules.
- Oversee and maintain daily service request system, complete service requests and follow-up calls.
- Oversee and maintain preventive maintenance schedule and complete preventive maintenance
- Oversee and maintain physical appearance of the community.
- Oversee and perform apartment turnover duties.
- Oversee and perform the repair and replacement of appliances.
- Oversee and maintain Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and follow all safety procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations, proper codes and standards.
- Oversee and maintain maintenance inventory, apartment history cards, lighting and snow logs.
- Oversee and maintain safe and organized maintenance shop, storage and mechanical rooms.
- Oversee and maintain security of lock-out tag-out station, secure Key Control.
- Prepare and negotiate maintenance contracts for approval and signature.
- Work with contractors on snow removal, lawn care, etc.
- Oversee and monitor Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Oversee and maintain swimming pools and spas.
- Shovel/sweep using broom and shovel snow.
- Work in extremes of climate/temperature (-20 to 110 degrees), rain, snow.
Non-Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform/prepare special projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Must possess appropriate licenses & certifications, ie Boilers’ License CPO or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Must have previous residential maintenance experience
- Must possess own basic tools, see attachment
- Must have knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the trade
- Must have knowledge of planned maintenance principles, practices and technique
- Must be skilled in estimating time and materials required for assignment
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull and push
- Ability to lift 50lbs to chest height
- Ability to work with hands over their head and perform duties while standing on a ladder
- Work with and around mold, dust, paint and chemicals with proper safety gear and protection
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions
- Full time, 40 hours/week
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, or as needed
To apply, send resume to Xe Yang, at XYang@reeapartments.com. Or, fill out our online application.