Property Accountant – St. Paul
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reconcile bank accounts for multiple entities.
- Prepare financial statements, including third party financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable, reserve payments, move-out residents and mortgage payments.
- Reconcile cash accounts, including lines of credit and loan balances.
- Reconcile and prepare supporting work papers for General Ledger accounts.
- Process year-end accounting functions, including recording journal entries.
- Prepare checks, process payments and process bank transfer requests.
- Determine cash availability and process weekly check runs; to include printing, posting and mailing.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Prepare Security Deposit Liability Calculations and Management Fee adjustments.
- Create and post accrual and pre-paid entries monthly.
- Post non-sufficient funds (NSF) checks and distribute notices.
- Respond to Property Managers and Portfolio Directors inquiries.
- Monthly accrual entities in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with yearend audit requests.
- Input Accounts Payable information.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Two year Accounting degree
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications; Yardi experience desired
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Full time, Monday – Friday