VP of Property Operations
Purpose: This key executive is responsible for developing strategies and leading site-based operations towards higher levels of operational excellence, growth, profitability and team member development. Also, of equal importance is this leader’s ability to strongly align with the Company’s culture and to lead from and towards our culture, values and mission as we strive to have greater levels of impact and contribution towards all we serve, e.g. owners, team members and residents.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively serve as a member of the company’s leadership team
- Participate in the development and execution of organizational strategies, both on-going and through annual strategic planning process
- Leverage business acumen, operational experience, and in-depth industry knowledge to collaborate and provide valuable insights to other company leaders
- Provide effective leadership to operations department and team members (approximately 2/3 of our organization) while setting standards and ensuring accountability
- Encourage and facilitate productive and effective communication practices
- Innovate and transform operations through process, technology, performance management and leadership
- Lead operations team to exceed property operational and financial goals
- Consistent success in managing to properties’ budgeted NOI, cashflow and other required performance metrics
- Manage timely and successful lease up to stabilization of new developments
- Ensure property strategic goals are successfully implemented, including capital plans and other asset management driven requirements
- Build, develop and retain a highly motivated, best in class team
- Collaborate with Human Resources to mentor and empower Portfolio Directors and site teams with recruitment, ongoing training, and skills assessment
- Develop and foster a culture of increasing ownership, and overall demonstration of company at the properties
- Elevate team members awareness of the impact and their role in the company’s mission of Providing Housing. Building Communities. Enhancing Lives.
- Five+ years in a leadership role of Director level or higher.
- Preferred experience in Property Management
- In-depth and demonstrated knowledge of leading high-performance teams as well as developing and implementing business process improvement throughout an organization
- Strong problem-solving, strategic-thinking, and critical-analysis ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- BA Degree in Business, Management, or related field