Responsible for the Property & Corporate Accounting functions of Real Estate Equities and to lead its staff in carrying out the department’s mission – to be a resource for site and corporate staff, residents and owners by providing timely and accurate information in an efficient manner. The Controller will work directly with the CFO and be a key member of the team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the activities of the Property and Corporate Accounting departments for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information, including but not limited to internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets.
2. Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices and information reporting while focusing on processing efficiencies and analysis of expenses for savings opportunities.
3. Maintain general ledger and payment processing systems and controls to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
4. Assist with asset management including sales and refinances, property insurance, cash flow, property condition and rehab projects.
5. Assist with investor management including communications, distributions and partner buyouts.
6. Assist with property insurance, tax & audit reporting and CPA firm management.
7. Assist with other high-profile projects including complex financial modeling, development project funding and owner communication.
8. Lead and manage Yardi initiatives that make the team and company more efficient.
9. Compile special reports as requested by corporate staff and shareholders.
10. Provide leadership and talent management for members of the accounting department.
11. Maintain controls and efficient processing of cash/treasury management transactions.
12. Responsible for bank reporting compliance, including loan covenants.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis on accounting and finance.
2. CPA certification a plus.
3. Yardi experience a plus.
4. 6+ years of related work experience, preferably in multifamily property management or real estate.
5. Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and systems knowledge.
6. Proficient computer skills, including operating a Windows-based environment, Excel, word processing, etc.
7. 2+ years supervisory experience required.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Able to work with frequent interruptions.Possess a high level of problem solving and investigative skills.
10. Able to relate positively with a diverse contingency – i.e., other divisions within Company, employees, vendors, residents.
11. Able to understand priorities and shift priorities as necessary.
12. Able to work with a minimum of supervision – must be highly motivated and self-directed.
13. Able to appropriately use initiative in all aspects of the job.
14. Understand and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
15. Appropriately maintain financial and other confidential information.
16. Be a visible leader for the company and industry and company functions.
To apply, send resume to Xe Yang, at XYang@reeapartments.com. Or, fill out our online application.